Message from Foothill HS Athletics Dept.
To Parents, Student and Coaches
The Athletic Clearance Process has changed from the format that was utilized in the past. Starting this year all students will have their clearances conducted on line at:
The first step is to create an account that will be used throughout your student’s high school career.
1. From the link above you will create an account using the “register” key. Provide a valid email address and password.
2. Once you create an account you will have to verify your account by reviewing your Email and/or clicking the link that will be sent to you (be sure to check your spam account on the chance that the Email might be sent there.) Once you have clicked the link you will have successfully started the clearance process.
3. Now Login at www.athleticclearance.com with your username and password that you have created.
4. Select the “New Clearance” button (upper left corner) to get started.
5. Complete any required fields for student information, educational history, medical history, additional forms, and consent including your student’s school identification number if you have one.
6. Press save and you will have now completed the entire registration process.
7. All of this data will be electronically filed with the FHS athletic department. An Email will be sent to you upon approval of your student forms.
8. Physical Form: The physical form is on the FHS website and located online at the athletic clearance website for your convenience. Please take the physical form with you when you see your MD or DO. You may upload yourself or bring in the completed athletic physicals and turn in to the Athletics office in room 303
The account that you create will stay with your student throughout their high school career. In upcoming years we will only ask for you to enter your account and update the signature pages. By law each year we require a completed physical.
This is a new process for all of us and there may be some adjustments moving forward. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
For those of you have already sent in the Physical and Athletic packet you will still need to go onto www.athleticclearance.com and set up a user and complete the process. I will upload your physical once you are in the system.
Doug Case Vince Namba Terry Franklin
Athletic Director Athletic Director Athletic Secretary
In light of the current economy, and with the prices of pool maintenance and aquatics gear increasing, we are asking that you become a “Sport Sponsor” for the team in the 2016 Foothill Swim Season.
Recently, because of budget cuts, the sports programs at the high school level have been drastically reduced. Your support will assist us in achieving our goal of a successful season. Donations will go towards the costs of necessary equipment and maintenance, Invitational and meet fees, coaching and other necessities for our season.
A “Sports Sponsor” is someone who shows their support with a monetary donation in any amount. Remember, your donations are tax deductible, TIN #91-2171069.
Welcome to the 2016 Swim Season at Foothill High School
Please mark your calendar for a mandatory swim parent meeting on Wednesday, February 10th. We will have 2 meetings - 5:30 pm for boys parents & 6:00 pm for girls parents.
Support our Foothill Swimmers with a donation towards our Aquatics program. Your donation of $230.00 to our swim programs will qualify you for your name on our Swim Banner. Donations are a vital part of keeping our swim program afloat and helps support our student athletes, coaches, and our program.
Thank You to All in Advance!! Go Knights!
Swim season is getting into high gear and we need your support!
Last year, we were co-Century League Meet Champions and sent both boys and girls varsity swimmers to CIF. Our own Cole Othmer was the 2012 Century League Boys Swimmer of the Year as a Junior!
This year the coaches and swimmers have even higher expectations. They need your support to make it happen.
This year we have 95 swimmers and our budget for the year is $21,500. The budget pays for coaches, weight training with Athletic Republic, swim meets and equipment.
Please consider making a contribution to the program to support the swimmers, coaches, their training and equipment needs. This year we have set up 2 categories for “Major Donors.”
As a Major Donor for $300, families can support the program and receive recognition on our Foothill Swimming banner that will go up on top of the bleachers when season starts. You will also receive recognition as a sponsor of one of the event lanes at our annual Foothill Swim Games invitational meet April 18-20.
As a Banner Donor for $250, your name will be listed on the banner.
To receive recognition on the banner, we need to receive your contribution by Friday, February 22 in order to have the banner up in time for our first dual meet on March 6.
If you are not able to be a major donor, we hope you will consider a contribution to help support the program. Payment options are available. Please feel free to contact us with your suggestion.
Foothill’s aquatics’ families also support our snack bar with donations of items for sale (e.g. water, gatorade, snacks), volunteer hours and financial contributions. Please click here for more information.
We are now able to take credit card payments online. To make your contribution via credit card online, click here and then select the “Donate – FHS Swim” button. A payment window will open and you will need to enter the amount of your contribution, then your credit card information.
If you prepare to pay by check, click here to print out a donation form and mail it to the address included on the form.
Thank you for your support of Foothill Aquatics.
Foothill Aquatics Boosters
Tax ID# 91-2171069
The Girls JV team won the 2012 Dana Hills JV Tournament on Friday, December 28th. Congratulations girls!
The Girls Varsity team won the Newport Holiday Tournament on Saturday, December 29th over Santa Barbara High School. Championship score was 8-4. Congratulations Lady Knights!
Up next is the Santa Barbara Tournament of Champions January 11-12, 2013.